Love from around the world
Nestled within the heart of London, the streets of Marylebone have come alive for Valentine’s Day. Situated just moments from the buzz of the West End, the neighbourhood offers a unique blend of historic charm and contemporary elegance, providing a plethora of places to celebrate love this February.
Whether strolling hand in hand through the picturesque streets, enjoying the greenery of the nearby Royal Parks or an arty day out with a visit to The Wallace Collection, there is a collection of free and romantic day outs to suit everyone this Valentine’s Day.
When it comes to dining, Marylebone does it best boasting over 120 restaurants, cafes and bars – 12 with Michelin stars. From Valentine’s Day breakfast at The Grazing Goat and candlelit dinner at Kitchen at Holmes to a special feast at Nobu Hotel London, Portman Square or a bespoke Valentine’s menu at Bill’s, experience different cuisines from around the world at a range of price points, making date night accessible for everyone to enjoy, no matter what you’re after.
Discover the many world-class brands and independent shops set within the charming streets. Find a unique gift at the Japanese Knife Company or warm up in the world famous ‘word’ jumper from Bella Freud.
From romantic date nights to free galleries and walking tours, Marylebone’s rich variety has something to suit everyone to celebrate Valentine’s Day with loved ones or with friends.
Best Valentine’s date spots:
Marylebone invites visitors to experience love from around the world with its diverse array of restaurants and cafes, to suit different tastes and preferences. Whether you’re planning a romantic dinner with your significant other, a casual gathering with friends, or a charming first date, Marylebone has something for everyone.
- The Grazing Goat: the ultimate location for those craving the countryside, The Grazing Goat has a bar and restaurant along with rooms for those looking for a romantic getaway.
- Kitchen At Holmes: Located on Baker Street in the heart of Marylebone, Kitchen at Holmes is an all-day restaurant, neighbourhood bar, and destination for lovers of good food. Guests can enjoy an exclusive Valentine’s Day menu this year.
- Nobu Hotel London, Portman Square: combining a sophisticated ambiance with world-class Japanese-Peruvian cuisine Nobu is an exquisite choice for Valentine’s Day. Chef Michael has created a bespoke menu with eight delicious courses for the evening to be enjoyed by two for £250 per couple.
- ULI: enjoy a romantic experience at ULI located at 15 Seymour Place. Surrounded by natural limed oak, soft tones of blue and contemporary art this restaurant offers a fresh approach to Asian cuisine with each dish always being made from scratch and prepared traditionally.
- Emilia’s Crafted Pasta: Enjoy your lady and the tramp moment this Valentine’s with freshly made pasta cooked with tradition and techniques passed down from generation making your tastebuds burst with flavour with every mouthful with perfectly paired pasta with traditional sauces.
- Bill’s: Whether you’re on a first-date or out with friend Bill’s bespoke Valentine’s menu offers 2 courses and a cocktail for £29.95
- Boxcar: Two of Marylebone’s favourite little dining and drinking places, The Bar & Grill on New Quebec Street offers steaks, burgers, farm produce and cocktails while The Baker & Deli at Wyndham Place is the perfect pit stop for coffee, fresh pastries, salads, sandwiches and afternoon drinks, no matter your palette there’s something for everyone.
Romantic and free things to do this Valentine’s Day:
Marylebone is bursting with culture and history – after all it is home to Sherlock Holmes, and there are many opportunities to experience this idyllic neighbourhood for Free!
- The Wallace collection: Explore the exquisite art and décor of this hidden gem situated on Manchester Square. Home to a world-class collection of fine and decorative arts including paintings, furniture and porcelain set within a historic London townhouse and recently named by Wizz Air as the ‘world’s best hidden gem’. Admission is free making it an ideal spot for a cultured Valentine’s Day outing.
- Take a romantic stroll: The area is perfectly sandwiched between London’s Royal Parks, so meet a friend or partner and grab a warm drink before strolling through Hyde Park or Regent’s Park.
- 55 Baker St Market – the regular market will have a Valentine’s Day twist, offering extra special treats and feast on Thursday 15 February.
- Tree lights: Visit the striking lights lining the street outside 55 Baker Street which will be switched to a vibrant red in celebration of Valentine’s Day this year.
- Guided walking tours: Meander through the charming streets and learn about the unique architecture and history of the neighbourhood by listening to Trails and Tales podcast or one of the many free guided walking tours and trails.
For a spot of shopping and gift buying:
Marylebone offers a delightful array of shops and boutiques that cater to various tastes, making it an ideal neighbourhood for Valentine’s Day gift shopping. Whether you’re searching for unique and thoughtful presents or classic romantic gifts.
- Anatome: An exquisite apothecary for all things health and wellness, including special bespoke bath service and oil blending workshops, the perfect experience to enjoy this Valentine’s for a bit of self-love or with friends.
- Marylebone Flowers: Grab the perfect bouquet from independent florist, Marylebone Flowers creating beautiful bunches for all to love.
- Bella Freud: Bella’s world-famous ‘word’ jumpers make the perfect winter warmer gift this Valentine’s Day.
- Japanese Knife Company: Specialising in premium Japanese knives which blend tradition and modern craftmanship, make a unique and lasting gift for loved ones.
- Leonidas: For the chocolate lovers, Leonidas fresh Belgian chocolates are made using traditional methods and the freshest ingredients – perfect for Valentine’s Day and any occasion.
Best bars for a drink:
The neighbourhood boasts a variety of bars that cater to different preferences, making it an excellent destination to cheers to Valentine’s Day.
- The Garden Room at The Wallace Collection: provides a unique experience located in a beautiful courtyard, this bar offers a selection of drinks amidst the backdrop of stunning art and sculptures, accompanied by award-winning jazz ensemble.
- Churchill Bar & Terrace: this stylish, must-visit cocktail bar, located in Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill is home to an award-winning team of mixologists skilled at serving up craft cocktails, homemade tonics, premium spirits and more perfect location to enjoy a romantic evening.
- Chiltern Firehouse: enjoy an unforgettable evening of romance known for its celebrity sightings and upscale this renowned restaurant and bar housed within a converted fire station offers a delectable menu featuring modern European cuisine with a touch of flair and extensive cocktail and wine list.
Whether it’s a visit with your significant other to a romantic restaurant, a day out admiring iconic artwork with friends or stroll through the charming streets amongst historic Georgian terraces with family, Marylebone truly has something for everyone to come together and celebrate love.